Happy Thanksgiving to all who are that are celebrating and all who are not! It’s maybe my favorite holiday of the year since I started college, because it was a break from the chaos of college studies. I always had homework to do that week off, but it was nice to get a break from class and get my work done on my own time in the background of holiday noises and cooking. I miss those days!
I opted not to visit my family this year because I thought I would still be deep in NaNoWriMo mode, but even though I’m not, I’m glad I didn’t commit. I needed this little break from work – even if my bank account didn’t – and family can be exhausting. I’ll see them this weekend anyway. And I’m not alone; I have an Opal!
So today I wanted to do a blog post where I didn’t get existential, because I’m trying to be productive and plan for December 2019. I would like to keep this daily blogging thing up, but I also want the posts to be better organized and optimized. To give myself the time to work on these plans, I’ve figured out the blog posts for the next two days. I’m hoping I might be able to set the blog on autopilot for the weekend!
Thank the person who nominated you (Thank you, Sumedha for recently doing this tag so I could find it this morning!)
- Answer all the questions down below
- Pingback to the creator: Ellyn @ Allonsythornraxx
Nominate 5+ bloggers you’d like to know more about, to do this tag (Want to do? Consider yourself tagged!)
1. WHY DID YOU START BLOGGING AND WHY HAVE YOU KEPT BLOGGING?
I started properly blogging in 2015, and that what was really because I was inspired by BookTubers but too shy to put myself in front of a camera and talk. A blog was a better alternative for me at the time when I was reading a lot and wanted to be a part of the online conversation about books I loved.
It’s weird but I feel like I have always been a blogger, even before 2015. I don’t know why I never properly started in high school or even middle school, but it’s something that always seemed right for me. I have a lot of thoughts and a blog is an outlet to organize and share them. I feel so much satisfaction once I’ve been able to write and communicate thoughts and feelings I’ve had that I can’t really share with people IRL.
2. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF BLOG POST TO WRITE?
I like to write explainers where I break down topics and provide advice and tips for doing certain things.
3. WHAT ARE YOUR TOP THREE FAVORITE BLOG POSTS?
HOGWARTS MYSTERY ❆ | BETWINED TECH
REVISITING HARRY POTTER, PT 1 (BOOKS 1-4) & PT II (BOOKS 5-7)
HOW TO AVOID BLOGGER BURNOUT + NEW BLOG SCHEDULE
4. WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE THINGS TO DO TO RELAX?
- Sitting in my comfy chair and typing a stream-of-conscious-style blog post
- Taking Opal for a walk without being in a rush
- Making a plate of homemade nachos and watching YouTube, Netflix, or whatever
5. WHAT ARE THREE OF YOUR FAVORITE THINGS?
- When I can take my MacBook Pro out at a cafe and be productive outside my apartment
- Getting home early and feeling energized enough to take Opal on a long pretty walk before the sun has fully set
- Being able to shop before a store gets busy and crowded
6. WHAT ARE YOUR PROUDEST BLOGGING MOMENTS?
I plan to do a blog post about this eventually, but I got approved by Awin and Etsy earlier this year to be an affiliate partner. I haven’t utilized my customized links yet, but I plan to and document the process on the blog. I was also proud when I started blogging about side hustles how many people became interested in the blog for my research on that topic.
7. WHAT ARE YOUR HOBBIES OUTSIDE OF BLOGGING?
I got back into playing Pokemon Go when I started taking Opal on longer walks. I play it whenever I’m bored at work, so I do not know if that counts as a hobby. It helps me explore more of Austin than I would maybe naturally.
Cooking, I guess. I love to eat yummy food and I don’t have a lot of money, so it’s cheaper to cook. Plus it’s nice not to have to leave the apartment when I’m feeling low about myself. I’m not a super adventurous eater, but trying to figure out how to make some of my favorite things I’ve had at restaurants is pretty fun and satisfying.
8. DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY IN 3 WORDS
Optimistic, anxious, considerate
9. WHAT ARE YOUR TOP THREE PET PEEVES?
- When people ask me “How are you?” casually as if I’m going to be honest about all the crap constantly on my mind
- When people who watch videos on their phone in public without headphones on like everyone wants to hear what they’re watching or listening to, especially if we are inside a restaurant
- When people leave a TV on in the background super loud, especially when there are commercials playing
10. WHAT’S SOMETHING YOUR FOLLOWERS DON’T KNOW ABOUT YOU?
Since losing my parents’ healthcare coverage in February, my skin has become a nightmare with acne flare ups. It’s miserable and has not helped with my self-esteem. I’ve gotten more in makeup this year, just to hide and minimize the visibility. I’m not a beauty blogger, so I’ve not really felt like talking about my skincare routine, but you best believe I’d have a lot to say at this point.