Hello again and welcome back to The Inky Saga. Thank you for all the positivity on my last blog post. I wrote it on October 12, 2019, according to my tweet from that day! It’s funny how often I’ve needed to refer to Twitter to remind myself when certain things happened. I mention it, because I’m trying to say that it’s been a while since I blogged properly. I’m still trying to get back into the habit.
I promised myself I would start blogging again after I got settled in at the new job, but it was like I was self-sabotaging that first weekend. I don’t want to get into it right now. But suffice it to say, I finally feel like I know what I’m doing with my life! I love both of my part-time jobs and feel like 2020 is going to be a kick-ass year.
What I want to do today is explain my plans for the month of November, which largely revolve around NaNoWriMo and blog-related content.
As I announced a couple of weeks ago, I decided to do NaNoWriMo this year. The timing just kind of ended up working out and I’ve felt committed to writing like never before. I feel like it’s hardest to write when I have nothing but time, and that it is easier when I’m forced to squeeze it in wherever I find time. Weird? I know.
I should really be writing right now, but I did not want to keep the blog on the back-burner this month, so I did want to make time for blog posts on Sundays. Also, I think it’s good that is still early enough to voice my hopes and dreams for how I want this month to go.
Here are my writing plans for the month (and related blog posts):
- Attend at least one write-in. This will probably happen next week as this upcoming week already looks packed. (I will likely blog about it.)
- Go on an Austin coffee shop-writing spot tour! I do not have a lot of money to blow, but November only comes along once a year and I want to have writing adventures outside the walls of my apartment. My apartment is a lovely place, but I feel like there’s so much to discover in Austin and having something very specific to do will help force me experience the city better. My goal is to hit up at least 10 different spots! (Blog post on my coffee shop list and adventures forthcoming!)
- Go on a midwestern writing retreat to my writing buddy’s home in Illinois (Iowa?). I don’t know what state she’s in. That sounds bad, but she literally lives in an area called the Quad Cities! Anyway we set it as a NYE resolution to finally see each other this year for the first time since 2015, and it’d be great to be able to write together in person.
Misc. on The Inky Saga
I would hope I could get regular with the blog posts finally, but I may still be a ways off from that. However, I do have a lot of blog post ideas that I’m hoping will materialize into actual blog posts sooner rather than later. It is all just going to depend on how this month ends up shaking out. I want to win NaNoWriMo this year, so I will have to be smart about how I use my time!
But here are a list of things I’m hoping to talk about the rest of this year on the blog:
- Ninth House blog tour! I saw Leigh Bardugo this October for her Austin blog tour stop. It was gorgeous and I’m so glad I went, even though I was dead tired. I have a lot of pictures and lots of notes to share so I do want to eventually write this blog post.
- Revisiting French. I have been studying Spanish and German off-and-on for the last couple of year, but now I am working with French people and I want to brush up on my French! I studied it between the ages of 13–17 and it’s been cool to see how much of it has returned as I use DuoLingo. I had become pretty good at conjugating past, present, and future tenses as well as reading it back then. Hopefully I can get passable at hearing and speaking it next year!
- Career-related development and tips. I feel like I have had so many great career experiences this year and I would like to share blog posts about what I’ve learned and tips for how to make the most of current job situations. My new part-time job is giving me a lot of fun tasks too, so I’m eager to share the ideas I generate for that position but which cannot all be used, i.e. office decor ideas, holiday parties, corporate gifts, etc.
- Interior design/DIY. I’m still in the process of furnishing my home and making it a functional and productive environment for me and my dog Opal. I would like to share the apartment current status, organizational ideas, and wishlists for stuff I would like to get in the future.
The next few days are going to busy, which is why I’m glad I set aside time to do this post today. I am working about 36 hours next week split between the two jobs, and I’m still hoping to stay on top of the daily word count each day so I don’t fall far behind. Also, next weekend my family is visiting Austin for my mom’s birthday! So much is going on, but it’s gonna be great. Hopefully I’ll be back with another blog post before next Sunday.