I have been wanting to up my Instagram game for a long time, and September feels like the month it is actually going to happen. A few months ago I started working on a little calendar of Instagram post ideas for bujo artists based on what I was loving on Instagram at the moment from #studygram and #bujo accounts. Since I love what I came up with, I decided to share this calendar with all of you lovelies.
Some of these bujo artist prompts seem a little technologically challenging, even for me! But the point of this calendar was two-fold: to force me out of my comfort zone when it came to Instagram and to help me start posting more regularly. If any of you are interested in challenging yourselves, then I hope this calendar provides a handy jumping off point.
Feel free to remix these post ideas. I have a feeling I may need to do some rearranging myself, considering I am going pretty minimal this month. I designed this calendar with flexibility in mind. Naturally, I realize not every month starts on a Sunday. But if you are new regular posting, this calendar should be useful as a base-line for what you can considering posting!
A Month of Instagram Content for BuJo Artists
For those of you who may prefer these bujo artist post ideas in a list format, I see you. Here’s the list typed out:
- Cover page
- Week 1 spread
- Behind-the-scenes look at a work-in-progress
- Inspiration behind the monthly spread theme
- Time lapse of work-in-progress
- Close-up look at favorite design
- Shout out favorite accounts
- Sketched self-portrait
- Week 2 spread
- Motivational quote
- Bujo in the wild (e.g. nature, park, garden)
- Step-by-step doodle instruction
- Review you bujo utensils (e.g. the journal, pens, stickers, etc.)
- Habit/goal tracker progress report
- Tips for newbies
- Week 3 spread
- Share ideas for next month
- Promote favorite supplies
- Show off your workspace
- Flashback post of past bujo spreads
- Share a “Meet the Artist” page
- Share favorite artists/artwork
- Week 4 spread
- Show off calligraphy progress/skills
- Bujo in the wild (e.g. cafe, pub, library)
- Sketch in progress
- Share a “My Perfect Day” page
- Shout out up-and-coming accounts
- Week 5 spread
- Monthly favorites illustrated
I would welcome any more bujo artist post ideas for Instagram in the comments down below! I am still relatively new to the bujo community and will likely come up with a few more ideas myself after this post has gone live! In the future, it might also be fun to make more versions of this calendar for specific seasons or holidays, so I will have a new list of post ideas going soon anyways.
Also, let me know if you plan to use this calendar and drop your Instagram account handle below if you are a bujo artist. I would love to discover some new accounts.