Happy New Year!
This post is coming at you a little later than originally anticipated on account of the fact that I’ve been dealing with a flare up of back pain since last Friday, and it is probably the worst my back has felt in the five years since my first back injury in 2013. It’s slowly getting better, but it was hard to do anything that involved sitting up properly. Which is to say most things.
Fortunately for me, I’ve not had regular work hours. So I had already been planning for 2019 all last week! I had set my goals for the new year, prepared my January bullet journal, and even been working on some new blog ideas. I’m ready to make 2019 the best year of my life despite this rough start!
- Upgrade my blog. I’ve been thinking of recommitting myself to my blog by upgrading so I can take more control of what it looks like into my own hands. I’m currently playing around with new blog names, but I have some brainstorming to do before I make anything official.
- Read 24 books. My mini-goal at the moment is to read one fiction and one non-fiction book each month. I know I will have months where I will read much more than that, but I do feel like I want to get through more of the older books in my physical TBR this year.
- Journal. I have so many notebooks I’ve collected over the years that I want to finally put to good use. Last year I started dabbling a bit more seriously in bullet journalling and I would like to start blogging about it.
- Write like it’s 2012. My best times writing were my sophomore year of college, and I would like to take myself back to basics this year. Outlining has not been working out. I feel like I need to stop trying to force myself to work on WIPs when I don’t feel like it. So I simply want to write anything on a regular basis. It doesn’t have to be a cohesive. I just want to write.
- Level up my German and Spanish. I started learning both casually in early 2018. I’ve kept up with the German, but I want to pick up Spanish again as well. I’m hoping to find a good balance of study time between the two languages this year.
- Reset my forms of online recreation. I want to start a new YouTube account for subscribing to different kinds of channels and eventually start uploading my own content. I want to stop using Tumblr and Goodreads, because they are not essential. I want to cut myself off from my smartphone after 8 p.m. each night so I can end the night doing more chill activities. Basically, I want to shake things up.
These are just a few of the goals I have for myself. I also have some collaborative goals with my writing buddy, some personal health/wellness goals, and some career-related goals that I don’t want to get into on the blog just yet.
I’m hoping to start posting every other day or so on the blog, but only so long as 1) it is fun and 2) I don’t feel like I’m wasting my time or yours. Next up I will probably talk about my bullet journal and my most recent reads.
Let me know if you have any similar goals!