In case you didn’t know, it was a goal of my mine to work on my blogger aesthetic this month by establishing a theme I like and even some awesome unique graphics. Halfway into July, I still wasn’t sure how to tackle this design challenge. Then I discovered Sara @ The Bibliophagist once again tagged me so very sweetly for another cool blog tag that I realized provided me with a great opportunity to brainstorm and to generate another fun blog post to share!
I’ve long been a big fan of aesthetic boards I see for books and so desperately wish I had time, eye, and organizational talent to collect gorgeous images and compile them in ways that capture the atmosphere of books I love and even my own WIPs.
• • • The Rules • • •
- Collect any number of images that you feel represent you as a person—your personality, aspirations, favorite things, anything at all that makes you you.
- Put your chosen images together into a collage of whatever size and shape you find pleasing.
- Share your masterpiece with everyone, in all the places.
- Maybe nominate other bloggers as a way to tell them, “Hey, you, I think you’re awesome, and we should celebrate that awesomeness.”
* ⁑ ⁎ ⁂ My Collage ⁂ ⁎ ⁑*
- Books | Well, I’m a book blogger, so it goes without saying that I love books.
- Coffee | I don’t think I’m dependent on coffee, but I do not feel like I’ve started a productive day off right without drinking some!
- Lights | I’ve never been a fan of overhead lights, so I’ve always loved lamps. My most recent lamp is a little cat shaped one I bought at 2nd and Charles earlier this year with in-store credit from un-hauling some books!
- Design | Art was always one of my favorite subjects and I regret so quickly writing it off as a major in college. I still really like drawing every now and then and would like to do it more in a digital sense, which is why I bought a drawing tablet.
- Stationary | I’ve always been one of the those people would buy beautiful new notebooks and then scarcely use them. But I’ve gotten better! I use them now, and keep my buying to a minimum.
- Writing | As you may have gathered from my Novel Progress post earlier this week, I am writing a novel. The image I used to represent my writing interest is a cut-off snippet of a Fantasy/Sci-Fi interactive narrative I wrote for a creative writing class in grad school a couple of years ago!
- Dogs | I’ve grown up in a family that has always had at least one dog at a time and love them dearly. Currently we have an 11-year-old German Shepherd, Apollo, and a 6-year-old Jack Russell terrier-mix called Ty who we adopted as a rescue when he was about a year old. Ty is my little pal.
- Florals | I used wear a lot of florals, but now I mostly decorate my room with them. I’m not into really effeminate designs, more so the odd and interesting ones. I got the Van Gogh print in college and still have it!
- Technology | I still like to think I’ll work with technology some day, which is why I like to review apps that relate to my interests on occasion. I’ve used the DuoLingo app a lot this year to learn Spanish and German. (I may start blogging about my progress soon!)
No pressure on anyone I tagged to complete this tag! It’s kind of time-consuming and I recognize not everyone might find it so fun. I used a mix of my own images and ones I found online. I also used PicMonkey to make the collage, but feel free to use anything else you like better.
❧ ☙ END NOTE ☙ ❧
I hoped you enjoyed this little post and thank you again to Sara for tagging me! Since I’m posting more often and regularly, I thought it’d be a good idea to start writing a Weekly Review that compiles all the posts that go up, everything I read, and some little life notes for anyone who is interested in what happened behind-the-scenes that week. So you can expect that bright and early tomorrow (~6 a.m. CST)!