I was tagged by the lovely Mel from The Bookish Wanderer for the Blogger Recognition Award.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How My Blog Started
I’ve first started book blogging on WordPress.com in January 2015 as a New Year’s resolution. That blog was called Books o’ the Wisp and it was a place for me to record my reading progress and rediscover my love of reading. Those first few months were the happiest and the most exciting time of my life, so this year I’m trying to reclaim that joy and passion by starting from scratch with this new book blog Betwined Reads.
Two Pieces of Advice
- Be inspired by others, but don’t copy them outright. There are so many book or writing blogs out there and the thing the thing that will set you apart is what you do differently. If a blog uses a lot of GIFs, don’t feel like you need to or no one will like or read your blog. If you see a lot of other blogs writing about a book you have no interest in, don’t feel like you need to read it if it takes time away from the books you truly want to read. People will follow you blog if they like what you write and can see a glimpse of your personality shine through.
- Be a good blogger and a good commenter. If you want people to read and comment on your blog you should read and comment on others’ too. You should also try to respond to those who are kind enough to comment on your blog, especially when it’s a new blog and you’re just starting out. Also try to find your fellow new bloggers who you can grow with. These are the people most likely to become your closest blogging friends.
I can’t be bothered to check if any of these blogs have done this tag or how old it is, but I figure it’s the thought that counts! If you’ve already done it but it’s been a while, maybe it’d be nice to do it again.
- Blaise @ The Book Boulevard
- Elle @ The Nishume Chronicles
Well, that’s all I’ve got for today! Hope you have a good day and see you Friday! Don’t forget to follow if you haven’t, I post every Monday, Wednesday and Friday :p Until then,